Sunday, August 15, 2010

Views from my house


I recently moved out from my host family to my own house. While I highly enjoyed living with them, the house was ready, I had culturally absorbed as much as I would from living there (in a concrete room with no windows and a roof that leaked), I looked forward to not getting woken up at 6 AM by crying babies, and I wanted to cook a little more protein into my diet. Ok, enough justification.

Here are the views looking west and east from my new house.

Picture 1 (looking west) you can see the corner of my house, the greenhouse, and part of the garden. In the middle I show the dirt road with no name as well as the Volcano Mama Cotacachi. It looks a lot bigger in real life.

Picture 2 (looking east) is much simpler, showing a recently-tilled field and the Volcano Papa Imbabura. Legend has it the mama and papa volcanos fornicated to form the valley below. This is technically the case, geologically, as lava mixing is the closest two volcanos can get to fornication.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Home to you! Curious to see how the move affects your daily activities, and, probably more so, your nightly ones.

    ReplyDelete